Head of Cyber Defence (Blue Team) – SecOps / SOC Consulting – Hybrid Working
55 exec search
We are looking for a driven Head of Cyber Defence (Blue Team) to join our client, a rapidly growing UK based consultancy that specialise in Cyber Security solutions.
The cyber practice covers Cyber Assurance, Compliance, Security Operations, Offensive Security and Security Research. You will be responsible for leading a team of security professionals with a focus in the disciplines of Cyber Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, Security Operations, and Vulnerability Management.
The Head of Cyber Defence (Blue Team) will play a critical role to ensure customers SOC needs are met. The ideal candidate will have experience running and maintaining SOC’s for customers and being the point of escalation for technical challenges for the SecOps team, whilst leading on all consulting aspects of security monitoring. You will have the responsibility to lead, mentor and grow the team of SecOps Analysts ensuring they are providing security incident triage and investigation to customers.
Head of Cyber Defence (Blue Team) responsibilities but not limited to:
- Lead all of security monitoring including – developing client operations, capabilities and processes – Develop strategy for implementation of client SecOps functions – TI Reporting – Brand protection.
- Working with the sales team and respond to business development bids
- Be the point of escalation for technical challenges for the SecOps team
- Lead, Mentor and grow the SecOps Analysts team.
- Experience leading consulting engagements
- Experience working in Cyber in a technical role
- Working knowledge of various security technologies such as SIEM, Network and application firewalls, Threat Intelligence, logging.
- SC cleared or SC Clearable.
- NPPV3 clearance desirable
This is an opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious engagements that have an impact on our everyday lives. If making a difference to our UK national infrastructure and services excites you then there will NOT be many organisations that will be able to offer you this type of unique, interesting and rewarding engagements.
The organisation is also going through significant growth allowing for huge promotion opportunities for career development.