Global Data Protection Manager
55 exec search
Our client is a global award-winning cyber security solutions, services and support advisory business.
Due to one of the biggest acquisitions within the cyber security industry they are now looking for a Global Data Protection Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to come on board and take a crucial role within the business and drive Data Protection Policies throughout an award-winning organisation
The Global Data Protection Manager will report into the VP of Information Security. The ideal candidate will have in depth expert knowledge of local data protection laws, GDPR or CCPA. As the Data Protection Manager, you will work with internal stakeholders, advisors and law firms to ensure the organisations compliance.
Key Responsibilities of the Global Data Protection Manager (not limited to):
- Identify, evaluate and retain records of the organisations internal and external data processing activities
- Constantly keep abreast and up to date of regulatory and legal changes and ensure implementation of the organisations data protection policy
- Research, interpret and implement relevant data privacy legislative requirements and related guidance across various global territories and make recommendations to the business
- Advise and monitor internal business functions on compliance regarding data protection legislation and requirements
- Monitor potential issues or risks in relation to the protection of personal data
- Act as a point of contact with data subjects and internal teams
- Ensure consistency of approach to data protection strategies
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Ensure the organisation addresses all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes and manage any data subject access requests
- Assist and coordinate training with internal teams on GDPR compliance
Requirements for Global Data Protection Manager:
- IAPP CIPP/E or equivalent recognised professional standard
- Experience in a regulatory compliance, risk compliance or legal advice role focusing on data protection
- In depth understanding of privacy legislative framework and application in a global context having particular regard to General Data Protection Regulation, Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations, CCPA and other relevant legislation
If you’re ready to hit the ground running and are looking for a role where you play a crucial position within the business, this could be the opportunity for you, why not apply now!